Welcome

Welcome! I'm so glad that you've stopped by to visit. This blog started with Paper Crafts but since that road leads to so many others it has since become a place for all types of crafting adventures from card making to DIY home projects. Scroll down on the right to find posts by labels and dates or try my search bar to find your inspiration.

Happy Crafting!


Sunday, May 15, 2011

Lampshade

I've got a fantastic little project for you today. An adorable tea light lampshade! I'll be honest, I did not come up with this, but when I saw it on Bird's Party Blog I knew I had to make my own. What a simple and impressive way to jazz up a dinner table or add some fun to an evening garden party. So here is my version and I hope you enjoy making them as much as I did.

First you need the lampshade template. You can click on the image here and print it out for yourself.
Lampshade Template
Now for my brief tutorial.
648
652
655
664
670

682
My Finished Tea Light Lampshade!  I made a tissue flower and tied my butterfly to it and then glued it to my lampshade.  I put a tea light in a wine glass and Voila!
  812


4 comments:

  1. wow!! beautiful!! You must have a lot of pattience...I would like to try for one, but seems like a long process to do it...maybe some day...

    ReplyDelete
  2. you mean, you use only the ink with the embossing powder? no glue??

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's not hard to make at all. You could use patterned card-stock, that would save time. Glue jewels around the top and bottom of the lampshade instead of ribbon. It's easy to make the project your own.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I used pigment ink. Only pigment ink works with embossing. Pigment ink dries slowly which allows the embossing powder to cling to it and give you time to heat it up. You can also use clear embossing ink or an embossing stamp pad. These are great for colored embossing powders. Using a glue pad for embossing is not the best because when heat is applied the glue kind of bubbles and makes the embossing powder somewhat bumpy. Hope that helped clarify things.

    ReplyDelete